Sedap pulak citer pasal failure, here are some of my pat failures:

WOMEN
1. My first sweetheart was a one way street. I was chauffering her (secretary to my abang angkat). I was 20, she was 22. She everyday when i come to her house in bangsar to fetch her to damansara office, she will prepare me nasi goreng and air tauhu. Siapa tak terpengaruh? Everyday she layan me on the phone for 1 hour. Don't know how much i spent on public phone time (that was in 1983). Finally i confessed my infactuation for her, and she said, "i regard you only as a younger brother. Thats the reason for all the nasi goreng and air tauhu and even baju kemeja siap with ironing." end of kisah amat menguris part one.

2. 2nd was someone i met at saudara/i baru meeting. But, but she was
(a) 7 yrs older than me. Cmon at 29, women still look the same. I was 22
(b) She claimed to be a millionaire's daughter and cannot simply marry cos her father (though chinese non-muslim) will veto her choice based on bank account number.
(c) She said better i accept a secret account from her and dress up like a millionaire.
The dressing up part yang tak boleh tu.

more but read last line below.

POLITICS
1. I joined Anwar Ibrahim in Yayasan Anda as a part time tutor. He made me his personal correspondence translator in Abim HQ. That was in 1981. I at 19 was eager to learn from a very famous person. But i got an offer to work at Dataprep and i left. Later he went on to become the Deputy PM and even his office boy became  MBF chairman and drove around in a helicopter. I only drove motorbike.

2. I joined PAS in 1984 and stood against Daim Zainuddin in 1986. Lost and did not become the next Finance Minister.

3. I left PAS in 1995 and joined Saifudin Nasution under Zahid Hamidi. After campaigning for Idris Jusoh, Yusof Nor, Hamid Albar, only Hamid Albar call me back. The rest lupa sahaja. Itupun Hamid Albar called me to join his majlis tahlil mingguan behind Istana Negara that time.

WORK
0. I quit Sri Jaya EDP supervisor position to join PAS.
1. When lost against Daim, i jual air tebu tepi jalan. Then it was blessing in disguise cos i picked up onthoproneuorsheep and made an easy living.
2. I got married in 1989 and lost my office space in Medan Mara.
3. When i was Bank Bumiputra web consultant CGM fired me when fitnah from AG office against me in 1997. I was down with dengue that time too and near death.
3. When i become Siti Nurhaliza webmaster in 2000, there was no broadband and her fans have no plastic cards.
4. When i migrated Oracle Exchange succesfully from Redwood Shores to CSA, i was first to go cos the dotcom bubble just burst.
5. When at Kuang farm, i bela ikan telapiah 5 ribu ekor, but neburing land hill chop off its trees to jual tanah lot and all their lumpur came down with rain to my fish pond until all gone.

More boring stories, only can tell when treated to Saba' kambing satu mari.

red1