I post this so I can be poke by all of you to remind me, next year to
bring Tim for our conference. I believe this is good for our
developers and freelance to learn and be guide about entrepreneurship.

I will propose a workshop during conference that we can invite
entrepreneurs to meet developers and discuss collaboration.

-------------

http://latinoware.org/node/207

Managers working in the social network with a free software platform

Timothy Ney, the Linux Greenhouse, virtual incubator of companies and
projects in open source, will share the results of studies of the
Linux Greenhouse in 2009, led by a team of Harvard Business School, to
promote the incubation and growth of resources for Free Software
projects . Some entrepreneurs interviewed for the research came from
Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay, with many of the participants of the
workshop 'Linux Greenhouse' in Latinoware 2008.

Most respondents described the technical competence as one of its
great strengths. Its weaknesses were the lack of ability in business
and sustainability. When they had confidence in their abilities to
build applications, and more importantly, open source, they did not
know how to get funding, what business models will be employed to
offer customers, develop sales strategies, or how to create scalable
solutions.

To address these needs, the Linux Greenhouse is creating a social
network for entrepreneurs and professionals, is recruiting companies,
cooperatives and public sector to integrate them into the network.

Timothy Ney lead workshops entrepreneurship with the use of open
source software, as well as talk during Latinoware 2009.

Linux Greenhouse workshop

The workshop is targeted to social entrepreneurs and public projects
in the middle stages of development.

Companies and projects interested in participating should during the
workshop, make a presentation from 5 to 10 minutes. After each
presentation, other participants will give a peer-to-peer feedback on
the strengths and obstacles of the projects outlined.

To participate in the workshop Linux Greenhouse, during the
Latinoware, go to Lab 2 Block 9, and talk to the mentors.

The Linux Greenhouse will direct participants in helping:

    * creation of new products or services;
    * expansion of current products or services;
    * insight on how to join a new market;
    * new procedures in the management and organization of work.