hi all,

The usrges has no effect, MAMPUs OSS paper, if I remember correctly,
cannot be faulted, its the implementation that failed, there's no
teeth. And it does not address private sector, nor members of the
public/rakyat.

If I'm not wrong, MAMPU themselves have not totally gone OSS, and if
that's the case, how can they convince other gov. dept? You gota eat
yr own dog food.

Rather than just bitch about it, I'm suggesting that we take up Haris'
term, Community Nationality  IT Policy, and make it into soemthing we
think it should be....

One thing that is sorely needed is funding to do 'marketing' of FOSS
to members of the public. No this need not be flashy ads. but rather a
bunch of grass roots program... for example, and expansion of the
Linux Uni project, currently rum by volunteers. Perhaps this project
can be expanded and formalised, with a charter and a paid excutive
committee and budget to run events.

Another thing is a need for a resource center, ie: a one stop shop
where gov, or private sector entities can get answers and support for
FOSS. Like someone to install and maintian Linux for simple office LAN
and fileservers..., OpenOffice training, Web Development work... This
need not be entirely paid for and mainned by MAMPU/MDEC, it could
consist of freelances/partimers form the FOSS community. But the
service supplied should be of a certain standard...

The FOSS Resource Center (FOSSRC, FORCE?)  could be structured this way:
1. have a registry of service providers

--
#-------
regds,