[Roger James]

Robert, Gordon,

I am not sure if we should be allowing URIs to be passed through the osg
plugin interface. My interpretation is that the filename parameter of the
interface should contain a valid filename format for the local system. I
think most of the other plugins expect this. The dae plugin should then
convert this to a URI that is acceptable (this means it does not have to be
a full URI) for passing through the collada api. It is chance at the moment
that the collada api accepts relative Unix style path names as valid URIs.
What is your view on this Robert?

This would mean that we can leave the call to findDataFiles() in the reader
path so that the behaviour is the same as most of the other plugins. However
findDataFiles _may_ need looking at to ensure it can handle all the valid
file name formats for the system it is running on (e.g. UNC formats on
windows).

Roger