On Jan 19, 2008 12:28 AM, Mike Weiblen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) an immersive car cockpit display: front windscreen, left/right side
> windows, inside/outside rearview mirrors.
> That indicates Viewer (even tho the eye orientations are quiet
> different, and also have some mirror flips)

Yep spot on, a clear case of a single conceptual view, as well as all
the contributing cameras sharing the scene and being relative to the
view's master camera - so both a conceptual fit as well as
implementation one.

> 2) a 3rd-person stealth watching a UAV sensor platform: the UAV is
> collecting sensor data from its viewpoint; an operator is watching the
> UAV and a wireframe of its sensor volume sweeping the terrain.  That
> indicates CompositeViewer (the scene database could be identical, but
> the sensor wont see its wireframe nor the UAV)

Yep spot on again, the viewer (the person the viewer as in the english
language definition) has two views of a scene so conceptually we have
two views of one scene, on the implementation side you'd want to
control the viewpoint of these views separately as well as some of the
state - so again both a good conceptual fit as well as an
implementation one.