Hi Brede,

> It's possible to set the maximum number of parallel builds under
> Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->Build and Run.  This is for
> VS2008 but you should find it in a similar place in VS2005. This is a
> global setting so you don't have to change your project settings.

This setting enables building of multiple *projects* in parallel, as
long as they don't have a dependency. This is enabled by default on
multiproc / multicore systems.

What they are talking about with the /MP compiler flag is taking
advantage of multiple CPUs/cores within a *single* project. Since the
main time sinks when compiling OSG are the 2-3 main projects (osg,
osgUtil, osgDB, ...), and all projects depend on them (therefore no
other projects can be built in parallel), I can see where that kind of a
flag would help. (if there are no other ill effects)

More testing is required I think, but it would be a cool addition to the
default build options since multicore machines are so common these days.

J-S