-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:50 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] When must you use SingleThreaded threading model

Hi J-S,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Jean-Sébastien Guay
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  No solution was forthcoming when we investigated this, and the thread
>  kind of died for lack of time from both of us. I think going through the
>  examples and removing the explicit setting of SingleThreaded threading
>  mode where it makes sense might be a good way of generating interest in
>  this issue and eventually making progress towards a solution.
>
>  What do you think?

I think I need a nice period of calm so I can walk through the code
and work out all the different possible failure modes and spot ways of
plugging them.

FYI, I do have RTT and multi-threading working at this end, under
linux, but I have seen problems with osgShadow's RTT side of things so
I believe its not all RTT techniques, just certain ones.  The low
level buffer support in osg::Camera and RenderStage is all down with
multi-threading and multiple contexts in mind, but this is only part
of the story, the high level code itself still needs to be aware of
the issues of multi-threading and multiple contexts, my guess its the
later which is going astray in some instances.

I have a window of this week and and next week for making OSG-2.4 so
I'm going to go for this, and once we get into May and beyond life at
my end should start calming down (hopefully) so I'll be able to tend
to items like multi-threading in osgShadow.