Hi Paul,

> In a nutshell, if any code executed by the cull or draw threads (such as
> your own callbacks or custom nodes) isn't thread safe, then you must use
> SingleThreaded.

With all due respect, I would reword that: "if any code executed by the
cull or draw threads (such as your own callbacks or custom nodes) isn't
thread safe, then you must..." make it thread safe. Running the
viewer/OSG code single threaded is just a workaround, not a solution.

With multi-core machines being so widespread these days, I would say
that running any moderate-to-large-sized app single threaded just
doesn't cut it. And I think the OSG examples should show good practice,
and as such whenever possible should show how to make things thread safe
(if needed).

J-S