Hi J-S -- Perhaps I was being too precise. The question in the subject line
is: "When must you use SingleThreaded threading model"? And the correct
answer to that question is "any time you must use code that isn't thread
safe". :-)

Instead, if the question were worded as: "How can I avoid having to use
SingleThreaded?", then certainly I would have phrased my answer similar to
your post below.

Thanks for providing that additional information.
   -Paul