Hi Jaime,

> Hi everybody!!
>
> in my lab they want to re-use an old system composed by a Cyviz Stereo 3D
> Converter (xpo.2). It basically consists on a splitter which needs a
> frame-sequencial stereo source, and the output is two videos for two
> projectors (so passive stereo using polarized projectors & glasses). I am
> quite new with this 3D stuff... I think I should use OSG_STEREO_MODE with
> the QUAD_BUFFER  option.

Yes, that is the correct setup for the this system (we have the Vizwall
ourselves).

> My question is more about the graphics card
> required for that, do we need any special card for that? I have a laptop
> with a NVIDIA geforce 8700GT, do you think it is possible to use it like
> that?

Nope. You need an Nvidia Quadro or ATI FireGL card that has the QUAD_BUFFER
support and has also the special mini DIN 3-pin synchronization connector. The
cable from that goes into the xpo boxes, without the sync you will not get
stable stereo.

The consumer cards (GeForce/Radeon) do not support neither the QUAD_BUFFER
mode nor have the required hardware for the synchronization.

Regards,

Jan