Hi Sukender,

You can only call getGLVersionNumber() or any releated OpenGL from a
thread with a valid graphics context - there is nothing the OSG can do
about this - it's a characteristic of OpenGL.   The locale issue does
change this.

Running osgviewer will call getGLVersionNumber() when it runs, so
running it with the env var OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL to DEBUG will output the
results of all the extension checks, I'm not sure in the OpenGL
version number is amongst these.  osgviewer doesn't set the locale
though.... So perhaps osgviewerWX would be a better base.

Robert.