Hi Robert,

I don't know if I did what you expected, but my GL string is always
    "1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.4926"
and OSG always reports
    glVersion=1.4, isGlslSupported=NO, glslLanguageVersion=0
on the console even if I call "setlocale(LC_ALL, "FR_fr");" or "EN" or "C" at
the begining of main().
Please not that I my LANG env variable is set to "FR" and that French decimals
should be separated with ','.
Is that enough info for you? Or should I run another test?
Hope it helps.

However, the strange thing is that I can't run GLSL in OSG, but the Spring
(XTA) game has shaders that run on my machine and, well I'm not THAT sure, but
I think it also uses GLSL since the "reflective water" shaders are ".glsl"
files and that I can see the effects in the game. Anyone knows more about
Spring and GLSL?

Sukender