Hi Robert,

For specific headers I think push/pop is barely tolerable, but for a
.cpp I think it's a real waste of lines of code.  Were are talking
about suppressing a warning in an example, and warning that is pretty
bogus w.r.t helping us detect and fix bugs.

That's your opinion but you shouldn't be making judgement calls like that for other people's projects, which is why I think putting suppression in include/osg/Export is a bad practice. But I know I won't make you change your opinion on this.

I just think if OSG wants to be a truly cross-platform library it needs to do things the right way on all platforms. On VS, using push/pop is the way to go so you don't cause warnings to be suppressed in user code (which is the other project's call to make).

Our examples shouldn't be
about how to work around idiosyncracies of VS, there should be about
how to write applications with the OSG, so the less extra crude the
better.

On that I agree. But doing things the right way (whatever the platform/compiler may be) doesn't count as crud IMHO. Anyways, as you said it's an example, so someone who wants to base their code on that example can do it however they want.

Anyways, we've been around these opinions before, so we can just change the subject. I just saw the changes being merged differently and was curious.

J-S