* Robert Osfield -- Monday 09 February 2009:
> An svn update to the OSG-2.8 branch will get you these changes.

Tried with that ...

> Changing to mutex solves the valigrind/helgrind warnings when you run
> osgparticleeffects in SingleThreaded.

Confirmed. However, in fgfs I got again a segfault with particles
and threading ...

[Switching to Thread 0xb67d16f0 (LWP 32467)]
osgParticle::ParticleSystemUpdater::traverse (this=0x96be668, n...@0x9843150)
at /home/m/fgfs/osg/include/OpenThreads/ScopedLock:31
31              explicit ScopedLock(M& m):m_lock(m) {m_lock.lock();}

Can't say more, as I had to throw the core file away (don't ask :-).
Now I'm helgrinding fgfs+osg, and after that I'll make another
fgfs run and will then explore the next core dump ...

m.

PS: the ParticleSystemUpdater is a beast!