Hi Melchior,

Thanks for the instructions on getting flight gear I'll have bash.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Melchior FRANZ <melchior.fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am looking into ways of refactoring this class to fix the potential
>> problems.
>
> That sounds much too dangerous shortly before a release. I'd rather
> look into that afterwards. Crashes aren't nice, but messing up a
> lib before a release is far worse.  :-)

I think we have three choices:

  1) Refactor OpenThreads::ReadWriteMutex to fix it.
  2) Refactor osgParticle::ParticleSystem to use a Mutex instead of a
ReadWriteMutext.
  3) Ignore it and fix it after the release.

There are pros and cons of each of these routes.  My preference would
be 1) fix the problem, but would fixing it also introduce the risk of
breaking it even more?  Solution 2) would introduce a performance
bottleneck.  Solution 3) isn't a solution :-)