* Robert Osfield -- Tuesday 10 February 2009:
> Any chance that FlightFear is modifying the
> ParticleSystem/ParticleSystemUpdate within the cull traversal?

No idea. Have to check with one of our "osg experts".

> What happens we you try differnt threading models like
> CullDrawThreadPerContext, SingleThreaded and DrawThreadPerContext?

Will try later. For now I've recompiled everything with -O0, and
have run fgfs for hours, without crash. I don't really think that
the slightly changed compiler/linker flags have removed the cause
for the segfault, but the now much lower frame rate has probably
changed the timing such that it's now less likely to occur. I'll
continue the tests, and will give some more useful info about my
next crash (if any).

Of coursem, I agree that there was no more reason to delay the
2.8 release.  :-)

m.