On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Jean-Sébastien Guay <
jean-sebastien.g...@cm-labs.com> wrote:

> Hi Philip,
>
>  In your CTest script set the following command:
>>

> I'm not sure, do we use CTest?
>
>  SET(CTEST_START_WITH_EMPTY_BINARY_DIRECTORY TRUE)
>>

> If we do use it, this could perhaps be made an option in the CMake config
> for the project? I think since it's a nightly build, building the sources
> from scratch each time is not too bad, and would let us see all
> errors/warnings instead of just those on the files that changed since the
> last compile.
>
>  Also, another useful tip is to add the "-A" flag to the command used to
>> run CTest.  This will cause your CTest script to be visible on the public
>> dashboard.
>>
>> SET (CTEST_COMMAND  "\"/wherever/bin/ctest\" -D Nightly -A
>> \"${CTEST_SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/${CTEST_SCRIPT_NAME}\""
>>  )
>>

> I couldn't find any CTEST_COMMAND in our CMake scripts. As I said, I don't
> know if we're using this at all... Perhaps it's our next step in the
> adoption of all CMake has to offer :-)

I really haven't been monitoring the status of the OSG for quite a while now
so I'm not extremely familiar with how you guys are kicking off your nightly
builds.

Typically at work we use cron or Windows Scheduled Tasks to run the
following command to build our source tree.
ctest -S foo.cmake

foo.cmake would contain something similar to the following:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=271884
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=271534

This allows us to tweak the initial cache to enable / disable various
dependencies, etc.

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Scripting_Of_CTest

--
Philip Lowman