Hi Sukender,

On this subject I won't offer much input, because IMHO on Windows it's up to the application developer to make sure their app can find all its dependencies. How you do it is up to you.

One option I'd like to point out that you didn't seem to have in your list is that there could be an installer for the OSG binaries (made by CMake's NSIS support), which would also set an environment variable, say OSG_2.8.0_BIN_PATH. Your app's installer would check if that variable exists, and if not, would tell you to go and get the binaries installer and install it. Then, once installed, your app would add this path to the PATH variable when it starts and then would be able to find all OSG DLLs. That way you could have only one installation of a given release of OSG on your system, and all apps that need that version would be able to use it, without polluting the Windows system directories.

And about installers... Should we copy the DLLs to the system dir? What about
Vista and its strange policies about having access to system dirs (I simply
stayed under XP :D )?

No, please don't do that. Please keep the separation between system DLLs and application DLLs... I hate it when an app installs something to the system directories...

Of course it's your choice of how you deploy your apps, but I think that's the worst option. I'd prefer each app have its local copy of the OSG DLLs. But that's just my opinion.

J-S