Hi guys,

Just thought I'd chime in with my .02c.  More and more of the emails I
receive do not have a greeting, or even a signature.  There seems to
be a culture shift In the way 'newschoolers'? send email.  Almost as
if email is heading towards the same format as sms.  I agree that it
is impolite and almost rude (apparently spell check has also gone out
of style), but in my opinion it has become a social problem, bigger
than some code on the forum can fix.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't think severing ties with
the forum, or inserting the posters name with code is going to make
this problem go away.  I think this is a problem that is here to stay,
and will probably get worse.

I usually flat out ignore emails without a signature, or reply telling
them to tell me who they are before I send a useful response.

Again just the thoughts of an over caffeinated programmer,
Rick