Hi Philip,

I also note that previous discussion about why the VRML plugin couldn't be updated to a newer version of OpenVRML centred on the boost dependency. I'm sure that thats much less of an issue now that we have boost binaries for most Linux distros, plus Windows and Mac.

That, and the fact that OSG now supports a newer version of the COLLADA plugin which also has a dependency on boost, so there's precedent... I'm not sure the argument is valid anymore, and I'm pretty sure that if someone wanted to update the plugin and build scripts to be able to use a newer version of OpenVRML it would be accepted.

J-S