Paul Melis wrote:

A collegue and I where wondering some time ago if the binary windows packages provided on the website are usable for debugging. Even though there are separate release and debug distributions the debug ones (at least the VS8 ones) don't seem to contain any .pdb files. I remember him trying to debug some OSG application but he could not get any symbol info for the OSG dlls. I've been out of windows development for a long time so don't really have the overview anymore. Can you have debug information in .lib files on windows or are .pdb files always required?

You can have embedded debug info (pass /Z7 to the compiler instead of the usual /Zi). I'm not sure if that's how the OSG debug packages work, but it is possible.

--"J"