From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Chris
'Xenon' Hanson
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 12:29 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: [osg-users] Vec2ul and isomorphic variants?

  While the core OSG currently doesn't have any call for a Vec2ul (2d
vector, unsigned
long) type, I've found I need one for some OSG-related code. I'm using
it as a 2D array subscript type, for lack of any better type. Really,
probably a size_t is better than an unsigned long, but I wasn't sure how
well that would work.

  My question would be -- is there ideological support for including
these other Vec* types into OSG? I can keep my bastard Vec2ul header to
myself, but if it would be useful to others, I could contribute it.

  Which leads to the next question -- should we try to template-ize the
Vec* classes so you can Vec-ize any type you like? We seem to already
have 2D and 3D versions for these types:

"b"  (byte: signed char)
"d"  (double)
"f"  (float)
"s"  (short)
"ub" (unsigned byte: unsigned char, only in Vec4)

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere                  Xenon
AlphaPixel.com