Robert Osfield wrote:
> Reviewing submissions is a double edge sword, as without keeping tabs
> on what is happening with the code I'm in poorer position to do
> support and fix bugs.  Reviewing submissions is actually it's not the
> most burdensome side of my work as project lead.  Driving releases
> forward and ongoing maintenance is a burden that takes big blocks of
> my time, and is not something I can do on a drop feed basis like I can
> with general submissions.

  Ok. I can understand that. Are there any aspects of submission review that
could be
outsourced?

> The idea of have a range of engineers  to have write access to
> branches and with the ability to taken the driving seat with making
> stable releases is something we discussed and put into place around a
> year ago.  Alas apart from Paul Mart'z 2.6.1 release there hasn't been
> any impetus from the community to drive this forward.  The key point
> is that I was trying to step back from having to be the impetus behind
> releases and to allow others to take the reigns.

  I think this is a good plan. I'm not sure I can volunteer to be the sole
driving force
behind a release (in fact, I know I can't) but it's possible we could assemble
a few
people that together could do so.

  Is there anyone reading this who could help get the next release out as part
of a group?

  Do we have a release procedure document?

> appropriate thing to do.  For these reasons I'm more inclined to
> believe that having a single gate keeper of the source is far more of
> an asset that it is a bottleneck.

  I can understand that. As I mentioned above, perhaps it's worth pursuing
refactoring off
any duties short of the actual SVN commit. Are there other things you think
could be done
by the community?