Hi Alexandre,

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Alexandre Amalric
<alex.pix...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in compiling osg with 64bits support but it seems to be
> difficult to find all dependencies  for 64bits. So I was wondering if
> someone already has a package from pre-built dependencies with Visual 2008
> for 64bits ?

I don't know if it tackles the 64bit build, but have a look at the
CMakePorts project, it may be of some help.

> It could be interesting for OSG future to make compiling in 64bits as easy
> as in 32bits.

Compiling the OSG under 64bit *is* just as easy as 32bits.  Under
Unices/Linux there is no differences between the 64bit and 32bit
builds.  Life under Linux is particularly easy with all almost the
possible dependencies pre-built for you.

The problem isn't the OSG, but the dependencies on specific platforms,
i.e. Windows and OSX, neither of which have easily joined the 64bit
world with ease.  If you want to use these platforms then you have to
accept there is various platform specific issues to deal with, the
dependencies in just one of them.   If you can pick a better
development platform then lots of these issues just disappear.