Hi everyone,

I'm just starting to play with the osgVolume sample and I have a very
beginner question about it:

-> Can you actually have any kind of volumetric rendering with this ???

I perform many tests with various arguments,  but each time, all I get is a
simple 2D image sequence of all the provided 2D images: so it's basically
playinig just like a movie... Why would we have complex Raytracing  shader
techniques just to render an image sequence ? I must be missing something
here.

Also, note that I actually managed to get a 3D rendering specifying zSize,
ySize and xSize, but again the 3D result  is merly the projection of a
single 2D image (an the image is dynamically changing...) I know the
osgVolume still needs more development, but is that really all I can expect
from it for the moment ??

Also, I could not use DICOM images directly: I got errors from the dcmtk
library, so I first used image magick to convert my dcm images to png
images, could it be I lost "usefull 3D volumetric rendering info" with that
step ?

And last but not least, those tests were performed on Windows, with OSG
2.9.6. Any known limitation due to this ?

In fact, if anyone as any screenshot I would be interested ! :-)

Cheers,
Manu.