I stumbled on this thread when working on a similar problem that I had using
IntersectionVisitor in Visual Studio projects.

I just wanted to confirm that I have found that the OSG examples and OSGHelp
examples that utilized IntersectionVisitor crashed under Windows when utilizing
the latest downloaded Visual Studio binaries.

(I tried the exaples MouseSceneIntersection,
osgpick and osgkeyboardmouse and could not get any of them to function)

However, numerous other example apps are working in Visual Studio.

Based on the previous posters response it appears that recompiling the Source
within Visual studio is the method to address this problem.