Hi Wojtek,

Going back to the subject, I just tested Catalyst 10.8 today and was
pleasantly surprised that some bugs were not present anymore. So driven
by this small succes, I went further and also installed newest non-WHQL
NVidia 259.31 drivers (Windows 7 64 bit). They are available through
NVidia OpenGL DeveloperRelations portal. And these drivers also seem to
work correctly as pre 256 driver series. At least my pixel lighting
shaders compile again. So it looks like NVidia guys fixed the bug while
we were complaining ; - ). You may check if theses drivers work for You.

Great, thanks for the update! That's good news on both fronts.

I actually had a co-worker who asked about problems with ATI drivers and shadows lately and also replied that 10.8 fixed it for him too.

But the workaround I have for the nvidia issue I think I'll keep, as unrolling the loop and using the preprocessor instead of a for loop can potentially be faster on older cards... Even if it's ugly and harder to read...

J-S