Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> Maybe :
>
> textureDepthStencil->setInternalFormat( GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_EXT );
> camera->attach(osg::Camera::PACKED_DEPTH_STENCIL_BUFFER, textureDepthStencil);
>
> Could work. As the depth and stencil buffer are packed, so should the texture.
> (re)read http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/EXT/packed_depth_stencil.txt
>
> there is a paragraph that starts with :
> In addition, a new base internal format, GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_EXT, can
> be used by both texture images and renderbuffer storage.  When an
> image with a DEPTH_STENCIL_EXT internal format is attached to both
> the depth and stencil attachment points of a framebuffer object (see
> EXT_framebuffer_object), then it becomes both the depth and stencil
> buffers of the framebuffer...

I modified the osgpackeddepthstencil sample the following way and it just
doesn't work.

Code:
    if(usePDS)
    {
                osg::Texture2D *textureDS = new osg::Texture2D;
                textureDS->setTextureSize(1024, 1024);
                textureDS->setInternalFormat(GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_EXT);
        rttCamera->attach(osg::Camera::PACKED_DEPTH_STENCIL_BUFFER, textureDS);
    }

I'm using the latest nVidia drivers on Windows 7 x64 and OSG 2.8.

When looking things up with an OpenGL tracer (I used glslDevil here) the error
is generated upon the following call made by OSG:

Code:
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 34041, 1024, 1024, 0, GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_NV,
GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, 00000000)

OpenGL error GL_INVALID_ENUM detected

34041 = 0x84F9 = GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_NV according to GLew.h

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?