Hi All,

I now have enough of the new ViewDependentShadowMap technique
implemented for members of the community to start testing it out on
their own data.  From the testing I've done so far it looks to be
signifcantly faster and produces more consistently high quality
results than any of the other techniques we have had so far.  The
algorithm isn't based on any one paper, but one could say it in
similar to perspective/light space perspective shadow maps but I
abdoned the maths behind these approaches as I just couldn't get them
to work reliably enough over a wide range of data.

The new technique isn't finished yet, it's certainly far enough along
for others to start testing and to report back results.  The new
technique isn't compatible with depth partitioning yet, and while it
does handle spot lights it do so avoiding tackling the perspective
transform in light space.

My hope with the shdow implementation is that it'll be robust and
flexible enough to replace all the old shadow techniques.  The new
techhnique also lays down the framework for future support of mltiple
shadow maps such as with cascaded or parallel split shadow maps, as
well handling multiple lights+shadows.  If we can get it working
robust enough I'll removal all the old techniques and enable us to
have a lighter weight osgShadow library.

All the changes are now checked into svn/trunk.  To test use the
--vdsm option in osgshadow, or use the new
osgShadow::ViewDepedentShadowMap technique class in place of your
existing shadow technique used in your application.

Please let me know how you get on.