J-S,
Which version of the drivers are you using?

I'm using 268.30, the most recent as provided by Dell specifically for my laptop. I have not tried any of the drivers on Nvidia's site.

I'm using 280.26 from nVidia's site, and even creating a profile and setting that profile to run on "High-performance NVIDIA Processor" didn't work for me. Even if I tried to force it to the discrete graphics globally (in the "Global Settings" instead of "Program Settings" where you create a profile) didn't work either. The only thing that worked for me was forcing it in the BIOS.

My only option is to create a profile for each application as you described above, as Dell doesn't provide any option to force it from the Bios. If I could, I would just disable it that way.

That's something that should work, and I guess it might be a bug in my version of the nVidia control panel. Still, if we could just have the app tell the driver that it needs discrete graphics, instead of having to make a profile for *each* app, on *each* laptop, that would be better.

I hope a better solution becomes available. This could be a support nightmare when distributing applications.

Martins