Hi Martins,

I'm using 268.30, the most recent as provided by Dell specifically for
my laptop. I have not tried any of the drivers on Nvidia's site.

Well, I just reverted to the 268.71 version that is provided by Lenovo. On this version, selecting the discrete graphics in the Global Settings tab works, but profiles I add don't seem to be saved (I close and re-open the nVidia control panel and the profiles I added are gone).

So I guess I have a workaround to enable the nVidia graphics chip when I need it without rebooting and doing it in the BIOS, but I hope nVidia reply to my message and fix profiles, and possibly have a way for apps to tell it where to run. That would be the best.

I hope a better solution becomes available. This could be a support
nightmare when distributing applications.

Indeed.

J-S