Hi,

I personally prefer the design on http://webkeux.com/osg/ over the one on
openscenegraph.com

regarding the beginner stuff: I suggest we differentiate betwen "Getting
started" and "Setup a BuildEnvironment".

As I started with OSG in 2009, the biggest hurdle was the build environment.
These instructions are quite lengthly, so I suggest to factor them out of the
getting started tutorial.
Maybe we could have common beginner tutorials ("Getting started" and others) on
the one hand and platform specific "Setup Build Environment" tutorials (per OS
and/or per used Buildtools) on the other. The getting started tutorial could
refer to the platform specific instructions at the beginning.

I think this refactoring would reduce the "wall" a lot because it is more
clearly which tutorials are relevant for a beginner (usually two, the getting
started and his specific setup Build Environment.

Cheers,
Torben