robertosfield wrote:
> Hi Alexej,
> The main question I have, and I'm sure others have is, what are you
> trying to do and why. Providing low level advice when one doesn't know
> the high level context is likely to be mis-directed and mis-informed.

Sorry for confusing, I thought the job of exchanging a color target in a static
rendering context is common enough. My bad.

I have a GIS environment with mixed flat (2d) and 3d geometry. I want to
pre-render the flat geometry together with the ground images into the final
surface gl-textures, which I then use in the 3d scene-graph. The 2d geometry is
managed by a separate scene-graph, which I use to generate the ground tiles by
using a RTT camera.

The ground-tile rendering happens by repositioning the RTT camera over the
dirty area and passing the related texture object reference to the
CullCallback, which tries to replace the color buffer binding with the passed
texture before the camera does the rendering. Then I call frame() on the
groundViewer instance to trigger the rendering. It all works, but the cheap
color buffer changing.

Regarding the documentation, it would help a lot, if the member-functions and
their parameters would be documented (as usual for a public API). I know,
everybody has always less time for that, but it would be a great help for all
the OSG users, especially for the newbies.