HI Bastien,

On 19 September 2012 16:13, Bastian Rieck
<bastian.ri...@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> we collected some debug output of the shaders in question under
> http://pastebin.com/L88sCxBn. Around line 247 of the paste, things seem
> to get interesting.
>
> I am not quite sure what to make of the "...is not supported" entries.
> Is anyone able to help?

I wouldn't worry about the "not supported" entries as these are for
features that osgVolume doesn't use.  More telling are the lines:

glValidateProgram FAILED "" id=1 contextID=1
infolog:
Texture unit 0 is accessed both as sampler1D and sampler3D

I've just looked at the RayTracedTechnique.cpp and the fragment shader
and haven't spotted anywhere where the textures are assigned to the
same unit, or where the wrong sampler is used.

Could you try the osgVolume property settings that don't require the
transfer function to be used, this will give you a simpler shader and
less room from the driver to screw up.