On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Preet <prismatic.proj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> By default some of the parameters of a camera are computed based on
> the contents of a scene (like the near and far plane). Camera
> manipulators will also behave differently based on the placement of
> objects in the scene. I have one node in my scene that I want the
> camera and any manipulators to 'ignore' in this respect, but I still
> want the node to be rendered. Is there anyway I can do this?

Probably not. The nodes have to be Culled in order to be added to the
Render List, and the scene bounds and such are computed during culling.

The bigger question is what are you trying to do, and why? That answer will
probably allow us to suggest something useful, like depth partitioning or
something.

> --

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. xe...@alphapixel.com
http://www.alphapixel.com/
Training • Consulting • Contracting
3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 •
GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
Digital Imaging • GIS • GPS • Telemetry • Cryptography • Digital Audio •
LIDAR • Kinect • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS • Android