Thanks Wang Rui,

I had a look at the effectscompositor code but I wanted to start with something
simpler at first so I went to your cookbook.

I followed the NVG example from chapter 6 of your cookbook in order to create a
render to texture camera to write the scene to, then a hud camera to read from
the fbo and write to the screen.  I think this is the basic framework that I
need in order to proceed; now I think I just need to figure out how to create
an OpenCL context using the existing osg OpenGL context so that I can operate
on the RTTCamera's FBO before it gets read by the hud camera and sent to the
screen.

I saw this post (http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=11332) about
creating an opencl context from osg's opengl context but it's a little vague so
I'm looking now for a more complete osg OpenGL-OpenCL interop mode example (if
such a thing exists)