On 4 June 2013 10:21, Torben Dannhauer <tor...@dannhauer.info> wrote:
> I think it's better to check it in.. Others would have the opportunity to
> participate or evely siltently read the code and learn. Maybe there aer
> others out there reading changes and try to learn as I do it usually ( If
> time permits).

GeometryNew is now checked in, along with osggeometry that has been
ported to it - simply a name change as osggeometry.cpp was already
clean w.r.t using only fast paths.  GeometryNew doesn't have any array
indices buit still supports BIND_PER_PRIMITIVE, so this will be my
next bit of work.

I've been looking at other OSG examples and find out that several use
BIND_PER_PRIMITIVE, ouch... slow path examples! These are:

osganimate/osganimate.cpp
osgdelaunay/osgdelaunay.cpp
osgimpostor/osgimpostor.cpp
osgocclusionquery/osgocclusionquery.cpp
osgoscdevice/osgoscdevice.cpp
osgphotoalbum/osgphotoalbum.cpp
osgpick/osgpick.cpp
osgsharedarray/osgsharedarray.cpp

I will work through these removing the deprecated usage to make it
possible to port them over to the evolving GeometryNew.

For most users I'm hoping that they will have already been create
osg::Geometry that is all clean and using fast paths, if that's the
case then they won't need to make any changes in their applications -
a simple rebuild will be sufficient.