While out this morning it occurred to me that the conundrum of how to
support the GeometryDeprecated from the existing .osg, .ive and
.osgt/.osgb/.osgx serializers might be to load the data as the new
streamlined osg::Geometry but place the extra data that osg::Geometry
no longer stores as UserData attached the geometry this UserData then
can get parsed afterwards by a NodeVisitor that converts the
osg::Geometry into GeometryDeprecated.  This approach would allow us
to move GeometryDeprecated out of the core osg library and avoid any
games such as having the osg serializer library contain a link to
another osg library.

This above is just a passing thought, I won't attempt anything until
tomorrow as I busy with other work today.