Am 28.01.2015 um 10:32 schrieb Robert Osfield:
On 28 January 2015 at 09:29, Sebastian Messerschmidt <sebastian.messerschm...@gmx.de <mailto:sebastian.messerschm...@gmx.de>> wrote:

    Hi Robert,

    Did you have a chance to look into this?

Sorry not yet.

Currently wrapping my head around controlling shaders in a more compatible way to old fixed function pipeline.
Okay.

If you are doing any work on the ShaderComposition, please spent 5 minutes on this, as this is a relatively small change to enable user defined composition schemes:

<snip>
Great. I've been doing something like this by modifying the ShaderComposition (as proposed by you) and injection defines at start of the composed shader. It still seems to be a clutch, so I'm looking forward to your ideas. If you want to, I'm totally happy to share my insights. I had some request to review it some months ago, but you where into some other stuff at this time, so it might have ended up below the radar. (The topic was "[osg-users] ShaderComposer and some missing features")
</snip>

In my derived ShaderComposer I ended up in having a bunch of defines and an include system composing the shaders. The defines are like "techniques" where you enable bumpmapping/HDR or whatever you like. The shader composition will then create the combinations as needed and inject the code and includes. (which usually hold utility functions or define the technique-specific functionality).

Cheers
Sebastian