PhoenixBF wrote:

> Just a question:
> are there significant differences in performance on the long run / scaling up
> to complex models
> when using the composite viewer approach (compositeviewerexample) rather than
> view config (viewconfigexample) or basic viewerexample?
>
> Bruno Fanini
>
> 3D Graphics, Natural Interaction Developer & Digital Artist

Hi Bruno,

I had not profiled the application before, but your post made me curious. I
downloaded the Qijang city mode which is quite large
(http://openscenegraph.org/downloads/3rdParty-Data/Qjiang/qjiang.ive) and
tested running the application with gDebugger in profiling mode and recorded
the following metrics:

[Image: http://i.imgur.com/fSwrqmJ.png ]
http://i.imgur.com/fSwrqmJ.png

[Image: http://i.imgur.com/nlyqj1U.png ]
http://i.imgur.com/nlyqj1U.png

[Image: http://i.imgur.com/4QIYwC7.png ]
http://i.imgur.com/4QIYwC7.png

This shows very little difference in performance. Looking at the pure OpenGL
between the different examples, then ViewerExample and ViewConfigExample is
pretty much identical. CompositeViewer does some more calls, but that does not
seem to affect performance.

Best regards
Björn