Hi,

Anders and I had a off-list discussion where we managed to solve these Windows
issues. And the examples now performs on par with Oculus own examples.

Some bullet points which may help others:

* I have implemented a function to automatically disable desktop composition
when running in extended mode. So now the user do not need to disable this
manually. Sadly this function is not available in Windows 8 and later, due to
limitations set by Microsoft.

* Direct mode works well, but sometimes you will have to perform a bit of an
odd procedure to get the Rift to work in Direct mode (this applies to all
Oculus Apps, not just the OpenSceneGraph integration): IF the LED on your
Oculus Rift unit flashes alternating blue/orange. Go to the Rift Display Mode
selector, select "Extend desktop to the HMD" and push apply. Then directly
select "Direct HMD access from Apps" and push apply again. This procedure may
have to be performed every time the Rift unit is reconnected to your computer.

simon wrote:

> I also believe that oculusosgviewer uses it's own rendering code, and does
> not take advantage of Oculus' optimized code and/or timewarping.

OsgOculus uses pretty much identical code path regarding rendering as the
Oculus examples. It also supports all standard Oculus features such as: direct
mode, time warp, dynamic prediction and low-persistent display mode (last one
only works with DK2 and direct mode rendering).

Best regards
Björn