Hi Robert,

CMAKE_VS_PLATFORM_TOOLSET is not set unless the user explicitely specifies
a toolset when invoking cmake :

cmake -G "Visual Studio XX" -T v1YY srcDir

If the user does not specify a toolset, the default toolset of the chosen
Visual Studio version will be used, but the CMAKE_VS_PLATFORM_TOOLSET
variable will not be set, and this is what is causing the problem here.

Cheers,
Mourad