Well, I tested a couple of other things, so far so good. I now know I can
skip the part which involves editing the GPX in BaseCamp.

This is the current status:
1) I first produce a GPX by making a new route in myrouteapp.com online
2) I save this GPX as GPX 1.1 (this step is important, don't save it as GPX
1.0)
3) I then open the GPX file on my computer using notepad (windows computer,
I'm sure Apple will have something similair). I am now looking at the
sourcefile.
4) In the GPX sourcefile I delete everything within the <trkseg> and
5) Save this file and import this into Osmand.

If you open this file in Osmand it will navigatie the route and when you
are missing a waypoint because of a detour it will first try to bring you
back to that missed waypoint anyway, but if you persist it will eventually
forget about the missed waypoint and carry on with the rest of the
remaining route.

That's it so far!

The next thing is to actually find a online routeplanner which uses
OSM-maps instead of Google Maps *AND* can save the GPX file in version 1.1
instead of version 1.0.