Roads_only maps can simply be downloaded from OsmAnd.
You go the country you want to download and it will mention the Normal maps
and roads_only maps.

Please do not use these on top of of each other. OsmAnd renders all maps
for all areas it can find, and it uses route calculating for all routing
data found in those maps.
That means almost double rendering times (1)  and double the calculation
time as each map contains the routing info.
One map per region.

(1): roads_only maps render up to 2-3 times as fast as they do not contain
so much details and the map data to be read is less. I tested this many
times over the past 6 years. Simply switch on the debug plugin and show the
FPS, etc. on screen to check for yourself.

Harry