identify their occupational deficits, with the help of the OT?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008
To:   OTlist@OTnow.com <OTlist@OTnow.com>
Subj: [OTlist] Would You Treat For Refer to PT?

cac> Are you sure she can reach up into high cabinets in order to
cac> cook and clean with that right arm? Can she fasten her bra the
cac> way she used to with an internal rotation?approach in back or
cac> is?she resorting to compensation, but she would like to get back
cac> to her?prior method??I'm sure if you dig hard?enough you?will
cac> find some occupational dysfunction. If not I would defer to PT.
cac> ?As an OT it depends if you are comfortable and competent to
cac> treat shoulder dysfunction.? I have had two post professional OT
cac> courses on shoulder dysfunctiion, ?taught at a credited program
cac> of OT, so I have to answer yes to your question.

cac> -----Original Message-----
cac> From: Ron Carson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cac> To: OTlist <OTlist@OTnow.com>
cac> Sent: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 3:15 pm
cac> Subject: [OTlist] Would You Treat For Refer to PT?

cac> Received  a  new  home  health  referral. Patient's diagnosis is right
cac> shoulder  pain.  Patient  presents with bicep tendon pain during AROM,
cac> PROM  and  palpation.  She lives alone and is independent with all her
cac> daily living tasks.

cac> I  referred  the patient to PT for the shoulder pain. Would you, as an
cac> OT, treat this patient?

cac> Thanks,

cac> Ron

cac> --