Measuring ROM and MMS is still very much a part of the curriculum in OT
school.  My colleague teaches the phys/dys course at the local university and
they spend ample time making sure the students can take these measurements, not
sure why they would spend so much time on it if we weren't supposed to be doing
them?  I have been practicing for almost 8 years now and i too
take measurements at eval and find they have everything to do with function.

Ron, it really seems to bother u that other OT's use these measurements or
include what they were trained to do , why is that? Do you feel that PT's are
the only onces that should be taking measurements?

 IMO, I don't find that there is a clear cut example of specific OT patient or
specific PT patient. PT and OT can and will overlap in many instances but can
work in conjunction with one another to make the clients as functional and safe
as possible.  I've never really seen a patient and thought to myself only a PT
can help them, rather the opposite.  I have found that most clients that are
being treated by a physical therapist have functional limitations that can be
addressed by OT.

Just my thoughts,

Kari, OTR/L