I had an interesting experience that I want to share.

Last week, I evaluated a middle-aged man with muscular dystrophy. He had
recently moved back home with his parent and was started on home health.

The  man  essentially told me that there was nothing I could do for him.
He said that PT was all he needed. I explained that as an OT, my job was
to  teach  him  to take care of himself as much as possible and desired.
But, he still felt that PT is what he needed.

I  am really perplexed as to why someone might value PT instead of OT? I
have  some  ideas,  which  I'll share, but I hope readers are willing to
discuss this situation.

Thanks,

Ron Carson MHS, OT
www.OTnow.com