Hi Diego,

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 10:17:47AM -0300, Diego Fernandez wrote:

> If you want to translate OpenTRS in a new language, you have to do five
> steps: Take the current German translation (German.pm) from CVS (
> http://otrs.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/otrs/Kernel/Language/) and translate
> each line. Change the package name (z. g. "package
> Kernel::Language::German;" to "package Kernel::Language::French;") and
> translate the words. Add the new translation file to Kernel/Language.pm (e.
> g. use Kernel::Language::French;) around line 20. Add the new language
> translation to the system via the admin interface (AdminArea ->> Language).
> If you use mod_perl, restart your webserver and you will have the new
> language. Send the new translation file to feedback at otrs.org -
>
> but i can't put it to work.
>
> The last step i tried was to put the exactly German.pm named as Spanish.pm
> and it didn't take it, just show everything in English. I restart the
> webserver because I have mod_perl, but nothing happened.

Do you have a "Spanish" selection in the agent preferences -> frontend
language (you need "Spanish")?

If yes and you get just the english language, check in
Kernel/Language.pm and Kernel/Language/Spanish.pm if
"Kernel::Language::Spanish" is written correctly.

If it's still not working, check the OTRS-Log (e. g. /var/log/messages).

Is there an error?

If you can't find the error, send me your translation file and I'll
check this.

> Diego.

  Martin

--