Hi OTRS Gurus ;-)

I am managing a small team (7 people) of security engineers. We are part of
a big company, who is now pushing everyone to use Siebel as a central CRM
*AND* ticketing system.

For us, Siebel is a real pain in the neck to work with, mainly because
ticketing is just an add-on, and it's definitely not the best one... We are
used to exchange a lot of information with customers (firewalls
configuration, full routing tables...), and Siebel cannot get that much
information in a ticket.

When a customer opens a new Service Request, we get an e-mail saying 'New
SR: 1-ABCDE'. 'ABCDE' can be any alphanumeric character. What I would like
to accomplish is to have OTRS get this e-mail, and actually open a NEW
ticket, with a number of '1-ABCDE'. This means that I first need a new
Ticket Numbering module to accomodate this strange Siebel numbering, and
then I need a way to *force* the ticket number of a new ticket received by
mail.

I have two questions:

1) Do you see this as feasible ?
2) How to choose the ticket number of a new ticket opened in OTRS ? (ie, not
coming as a Siebel e-mail)

To answer question 2, I don't see any other solution that having *two*
numbering modules... A regular OTRS one to open new tickets, and a *special*
one to accomodate incoming Siebel Service Requests.

Any chance to get this working ?

Thx a lot for your precious help (let's get rid of Siebel together...)

BR, - Patrick -

DISCLAIMER
 This email and any files transmitted with it, including replies and forwarded copies
(which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted from the Company, are
confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. It may contain material
protected by attorney-client privilege. The contents do not represent the opinion of
Dimension Data Switzerland except to the extent that it relates to their official
business.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any
use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the
sender by return e-mail, then delete this message and any attachments.
Dimension Data Switzerland  :  http://www.ch.didata.com