I agree that this would be very helpful.

Jake Covert

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Wegner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 5:19 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: AW: [otrs] changing subject and other ticket values

Hi Robert,

the feature, Wouter Mignon, is requesting would help us too.
> On Sunday, October 12, 2003 11:15 PM
> Wouter Mignon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is it possible to change the ticket subject and other values from
> > within the otrs agent interface? This would be handy
> because sometimes
> > 'customers' don't describe their problem well.

The Request, as i understand it: To be able to change the subject text of
the Ticket i will see in the various Personal- und Queuelists, because the
subject of the ticket might change while im working on it or the subject of
the opening mail is not very helpful.

May be the following design might be good for many purposes without
modifying the behaviour of stored articles. Add a "Headline" field to the
ticket. Default value will be the subject of the ticket opening article. The
headline will be displayed in every ticket list and can be modified by the
Agent any time.

Greetings

Matthias